Apr 14, 2008

Out of Messes Comes Beauty

...
Since I'm tired of waiting for things to start budding and flowering outside I decided to create a little new life inside. Made quite a mess while doing so.
...
...
One of these days I'm going to have to just flat out insist that the husband install the cabinets in my laundry room that will house the slop sink that's been sitting in the basement for 6 years. That way I won't have to destroy the kitchen with my "projects".
...
...
Finally decided on what to do with a few of the many apothecary jars hanging around the house. I LOVE these things. I started collecting the original ones from antique stores and flea markets over 15 years ago before they started to be made in China and mass marketed.
...

...

Gorgeous! I must say that I am proud of myself for the collection of little ferns and plants that I found to put in these. This little red guy is so bright - picture doesn't do him justice.
...

Final resting spot by the front door. At least for now.

3 comments:

Bev said...

Those are beautiful! Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. You certainly have talent!

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

I love all the apothocary jars filled with ferns, so pretty. Thanks so much for stopping by. Have a great day, T

SGM said...

So pretty! I might have to try that myself.