This little ditty looks a little misplaced from the Alice and Wonderland story. Gonna have to try something like this on the front porch this year.
The youngest one thought that it was going to tip over at any minute - so of course she had to pick all the plants out to save them. Bad baby girl!
The girls wanted flowers SOOOOO BAAAAD (major whining here) and wanted them now! Well I was not about to pay the prices that this specific center charged - 7.95 for a 4" pot of perennials. NO WAY! So I bought seeds and fiber filled biodegradable pots. No peat was used in the production of these pots.
Did you know?
1. It takes about 220 years to replace the peat stripped from land in one year.
2. Harvesting peat releases carbon dioxide - a known greenhouse gas.
3. Peat Bogs have the amazing ability to remove harmful impurities from water.
4. Peat Bogs hold 10% of the worlds fresh water.
5. Areas of Europe have mandated not to use peat by 2010
Guess we'll just have to wait about 4 weeks to see how the seed these 2 little sprouts planted survive. They will be smothered with LOVE....