Nov 1, 2008

Strange But True

So how's this for spooky? This beautiful creature showed up on my back patio early yesterday morning. She stayed all day and was the absolute most friendliest cat I have ever met. She allowed the 3 year old hug her to death and pull on her hair. She hopped up in my lap when I went outside to enjoy a cup of coffee and plan my day. She was very healthy and very vocal. She took a midday nap in the chair that was in the sun. She was extremely comfortable with us.
The furry children of the house weren't too sure about her. They stood guard but no hisses were exchanged and she looked at them with nothing but love. As the sun set I decide that I would have to ask around to see if she belonged to anyone and if not I would take her to the vet to see if she was chipped. When the girls and I got home from Trick or Treating I went out back to check on her. She greeted me with quite a mouthful of meows, I petted and played with her, and than she walked off the patio into the darkness of the night. She was not on the patio this morning.
.
A Black Cat appears on Halloween, stays all day, and is gone the next day.
.
Things that make you go Hmmm...
This is Mable, the house spider. She is fixing her web for All Hallows Eve.
This is the front of Mable's house.
These are the two little girls that live in Mable's house with their huge pumpkins.
This is one of the pumpkins after their mommy carved it.
This is the front of Mable's house as it's getting dark. The photo's are not hazy - it's the {fake} fog rolling in.
Mable's front door - waiting for the first Trick or Treater.
Ah, what do we have here? A garden fairy and a witch it seems. Oh wait, that's the daddy that lives in Mable's house.
Ah yes, the handsome daddy and the two little adorable girls that live in Mable's house.
How cute are these two?
Hope you all had a happy and safe Halloween!

3 comments:

Grahamn Kracker said...

I saw that black cat and got so excited, I decided to get to Colorado as soon as possible, so I could photograph it along with the others.

And then I read that it is gone!

Maybe I should come next Halloween.

What amazing jack-o-lanterns!

Looks like it was a fun Halloween.

I guess I had better get my Wasilla-Anchorage Halloween posted.

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

Your girls looked so pretty. Hope they had a great time!

Autumn said...

Whoa! That's spooky. Your house looks great and the girls are so so cute.