Sep 2, 2008

It's Still Summer Folks

For the life of me I can never figure out why people try to push the coming of Fall. Some of the neighborhood decorating fairies have already been busy dusting a few porches and yards in autumnal festivities this past week.


Don't get me wrong, I love Fall. But if those fairies come this way I might have to have me a smack-down.

Autumn does not begin until the 22nd of September. Until then all of the fake leaves in the color of reds and orange and the cute scarecrows should remain in their respective storage boxes in the garage and attic, please.

I don't know about you but we squeak out every last day of Summer that there is. I don't have too many pet peeves but this one for some reason really irritates me. I know, choose your battles..........
Weather permitting we will still be wearing Summer clothes and flip flops for the next three weeks. Chasing bubbles. Climbing trees. And getting every second we can out of that cheap, plastic, kiddy pool.



I hope that everyone had a fabulous Labor Day weekend. We sure did. Every last minute of it........

1 comment:

Autumn said...

I completely agree! The cool weather this past week has me complaining enough without pumpkins and scare crows.
I love Fall but not until it's really Fall!