Feb 25, 2008

Through the Looking Glass

Loving these plates and mugs from Urban Outfitters - Good 'ole Alice in Wonderland, my favorite childhood story.

These are the original illustrations of John Tenniel from 1865. Pretty amazing to think that this story of Lewis Carroll's has never been out of print and has been translated to over 125 languages.

I have passed on the love of Alice to my girls and they love acting out different parts of the story. Hopefully when they get older and find out all the back story to Alice they won't want to "experiment".
My oldest was Alice for Halloween this past year. She really loves to be anything over the top girly. I'm in trouble - I never was a girly girl.

2 comments:

blah said...

your little ones a cutie - a very cute cutie :-)

Autumn said...

Yay! Welcome to blog land! And boo why didn't you tell me you had arrived??? LOL
Ha.. I found you anyway. I'm so glad that I did. I loved Alice in wonderland too. Sigh..I don't have any little girls to pass that onto though.